Effective as of June 10, 2022
Use of Your Personal InformationJackrabbit collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested. Jackrabbit may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Jackrabbit and its affiliates. Jackrabbit may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. Jackrabbit does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Jackrabbit may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Jackrabbit, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. Jackrabbit may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Jackrabbit, in order to determine what Jackrabbit services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Jackrabbit to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Jackrabbit will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Jackrabbit or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Jackrabbit; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Jackrabbit, or the public.
Use of AnalyticsWe may also use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Platform (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Platform. For more information or to opt-out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps and Google Analytics and Privacy.
Legal Basis for Collecting Your Personal InformationWhenever we collect personal information from you, we may do so on the following legal bases:
- Your consent to such collection and use;
- Out of necessity for the performance of an agreement between us and you, such as your agreement to use our solutions;
- Our legitimate business interest, including but not limited to the following circumstances where collecting or using personal information is necessary for:
- Intra-organization transfers for client data for administrative purposes;
- Product development and enhancement, where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our users, and to better understand how people interact with our Website;
- Communications and marketing, including processing data for direct marketing purposes, and subject to your opt-in for these purposes, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising;
- Fraud detection and prevention;
- Enhancement of our cybersecurity, including improving the security of our network and information systems; and
- General business operations and diligence.
Our Retention of Your Personal InformationWe may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose for collection. For example, we keep your personal information for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our products and services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your personal information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Information We May Collect:We may collect the following categories of information:
- Identifiers/Contact information (ex. names, emails, addresses, phone numbers)
- Demographic Information (ex. Birthdate, Age, Gender)
- Commercial Information (ex. Payments, Purchases, Customer billing activity)
- Usage and Device, Internet or other electronic network activity information (ex. IP address, browser type, mobile operating system)
- Geolocation data (ex. Physical addresses)
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information
- Employment information (ex. For staff employed at the school or as customer Employer contact information, or when applying for employment with Jackrabbit)
- Education information (ex. For staff employed at the school or for student grade levels)
Additional Disclosures/”Do Not Sell My Information”:We do not sell personal information of any individual, including personal information of minors under 16 years of age. We have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose prior to this Policy’s last update.
- Identifiers/Contact information
- Demographic Information
- Commercial Information
- Usage and Device, Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information
- Employment-related information
- Education-related information
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information.
Your Rights:You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including:
- The right to access, including the right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect;
- The right to deletion of your personal information, subject to certain limitations under applicable law;
- The right to request disclosure of information collected;
- The right to disclosure of information disclosed for valuable consideration; and
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising certain rights under California law.
European Users’ Rights With Regard to Personal InformationSome data protection laws, including GDPR, provide you with certain rights in connection with personal information you have shared with us. If you are resident in the European Economic Area, you may have the following rights:
- The right of access. You have the right to request a copy of your personal information which we hold about you.
- The right of correction: You have the right to request correction or changes of your personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten: You have the right to request us, at any time, to delete your personal information from our servers and to erase your personal information when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. Note, however, that deletion of your personal information will likely impact your ability to use our services.
- The right to object (opt-out): You have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your personal information, such as direct marketing, at any time.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to a “portable” copy of your personal information that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means your right to request that we move, copy or transmit your personal information stored on our servers / IT environment to another service provider’s servers / IT environment.
- The right to refuse to be subjected to automated decision making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision and insist on human intervention if the decision is based on automated processing and produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.