Our Best Practices and Support Tips posts give you knowledge to share directly from our amazing support staff! This is a great category from our blog to save as a favorite to shortcut on your desktop so that you have “quick reference -ability” at moments when just a little advice may suffice!
Suggested Session Transition
Many facilities operate on sessions. A session can be any period of time (a specific number of weeks or even a full year). Even if your facility doesn’t use sessions and runs perpetually, it’s a good idea to assign sessions to your classes for several reasons.
- So you can compare enrollment and revenue data for the session time frames
- So you can retain past enrollment data for students separately from current enrollment data
- So you can run two sessions separately but simultaneously
When one session is ending and a new session is beginning, Jackrabbit recommends the steps below.
- Create a new session name in using Tools > Edit Settings > Drop Down Lists > Sessions.
- Copy classes from the old session to the new session using Classes > Copy Classes.
- Make changes to the new session classes using Classes > Edit All Classes.
- When the older session is completely over, archive the older session classes using Classes > Archive Classes.
Learn more in the Jackrabbit Care Help Center.
Suggested Lead File Housekeeping
As one session ends and a new session begins, it’s also a good time to do some Lead File housekeeping. Families who are in the unlimited Lead File are not counted as part of your Jackrabbit subscription fees. Jackrabbit recommends that families who you know are not returning and families who have been inactive for 12 – 18 months be moved to the Lead File using Families > Lead File > Mass Archive. Make this a housekeeping habit each time you transition from one session to another.
Learn more about moving families to the Lead File in the Jackrabbit Care Help Center.